The additional items you should be collecting are:
- paper towels
- trash bags
You're probably wondering thinking, huh? Why these items? Ok, an axe you would need to be able to cut things down. But paper towels? Trash Bags? Foil?
Let me tell you that these things would serve you in ways you probably never would have thought of.
Foil: has many uses. Let me name a few.
- line containers for increased insulation: it will help keep food hot longer or colder
- great for covering things
- you can cook things in them, you know the hobo style meals you make while camping
- you can make a funnel with foil, probably best to use the heavy duty foil for that
- you can sharpen scissors
- make a solar cooker
Paper towels: what would you use paper towels for?
- use in your garden when planting
- wrap your clean produce after it has been washed to keep fresh
- use as a strainer
- soften brown sugar
- use as a poncho
- protect your sleeping bags and pillows
- use as a tarp
- stuff with leaves to make a pillow out of it
- use to catch water in
- white trash bags can be used to signal for help
So not as un-useful as you might have thought, huh?
I didn't buy the expensive ones, bargain brand will do just fine.