I have a ton, I mean a TON of recipes, that I have collected over the years and a few of them are chinese recipes. For our Tuesday night dinner a couple weeks ago with our neighbors I decided to try them out. I wasn't feeling all that good, thanks to those seasonal allegries, on Monday so I stayed home from work and was little productive in doing a little bit of prepping. (Due to my somewhat swollen state of mind I forgot to take pictures of what I actually made. Sorry.)
** If you don't have a lot of time a little prep the night before is helpful.**
Sweet and Sour Chicken
I cubed the chicken the day before and put it into a plastic bag and refridgerated it.
1 lb chicken breast cubed
1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
3 tbsp flour
1/4 c milk
1 tbsp soy sauce
oil for frying
2 bottles of sweet and sour sauce
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1. Mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients in seperate bowls.
2. Dip chicken in egg mix and coat w/ bread crumb mixture.
3. Deept fry until golden brown (I did a little bit each time) and add to simmering sauce
4. In pan simmer sauce w/ bell peppers and onions.
Pork Fried Rice
I cubed the pork the day before and cooked it and rice and refridgerated them.
2 cups white rice
1 diced onion
1 lb cubded pork
3 scrambled eggs
half of a small bag of frozen carrots and peas
3 minced garlic cloves, or 1 tsp of already minced garlic from jar
1/4 cup soy sauce
pepper to taste
1. Cook rice and cool at least 2 hours (cooking rice day before is better)
2. Warm (if cooked the night before) or brown the meat.
3. Add seasoning to meat while cooking.
4. Add veggies until soft
5. Stir in cold rice.
6. Add soy sauce to taste and stir frequently.
7. Cook eggs seperately and then add to rice mixture.
** this makes a LOT **
P.S. linking up to Blue Eyed Blessing today