This week's tip is for cooking. I know that we all can use some fun and helpful tips when cooking meals for our families so here's what I found.
- Let raw potatoes stand in cold water for at least half an hour before frying to improve the crispness of french-fried potatoes
- Do not use metal bowls when mixing salads. Use wooden, glass or china
- It's important to let a roast -- beef, pork, lamb or poultry -- sit a little while before carving. That allows the juices to retreat back into the meat. If you carve a roast too soon, much of its goodness will spill out onto the carving board
- Microwave a lemon for 15 seconds and double the juice you get before squeezing
- A dampened paper towel or terry cloth brushed downward on a cob of corn will remove every strand of corn silk
* more useful cooking tips can be found at E-Cookbooks *